Air Pollution Facts
- Air pollution causes 1 in 8 deaths worldwide. By 2050, 6 million people will die per year due to air pollution.
- 80% of lung diseases are caused due to air pollution from cars, buses, trucks and other vehicles.
- 92% of the global population live in areas with unhealthy air quality due to waste burning, coal-fired power plants and other human activity.
- A single bus carries replaces 40 cars driven on the road.
- One of the best ways to reduce air pollution is to walk or ride a bicycle.
Be an Air Pollution HoW Changer
- Reduce Reduce your carbon footprint! Walk, ride your bike, carpool, use public transit. Use a hybrid or electric car. Eat less meat. Reassess how much fossil fuels you use in your home and community.
- Request Support companies with reduced carbon footprints. Ask companies you like to consider more green initiatives.
- Rally Attend local rallies and efforts to maintain clean air, your voice matters
- Reach Out Contact your local government to support legislation that protects air quality. Support public transportation infrastructure.